Monday, October 15, 2012


Mi Santa by Romeo Santos
    This song is called Mi Santa by Romeo Santos. This song itself is slow in the beginning and in a few seconds later it turns out a little faster. The instruments you hear in the background in this song are guitar, bongos, the guira, and a bass.These instruments are usually musical instruments you would hear in a bachata song. I personally think these instruments are great in this song, I just like the mixture. In this song, there is another artist but the artist is usually just playing the guitar, his name is Tomatito. This song is part of his first album, Formula, and was nominated as the best video in the billboards.
    This song has a meaning to it. This song means the women is his holy. Romeo is asking for the women to believe in him in everything. This song is trying to say that Romeo will do anything for her even if it means selling his soul to the devil for her or giving her his blood and fortune or being an astronaut to fly the moon with her. So in this song he's praying because shes his holy and he believes in God. It also saying that nobody can love her like Romeo does. This song is basically saying Romeo would do anything for this girl he really loves.
   When I listen to this song I just want to dance and sing along especially since I know this song. If I'm sitting in a chair listening to this song I usually just move my feet. To be honest I just find every Romeo Santos song very upbeat that makes me always want to dance to a song. I feel like these instruments combined give it a type of flavor that's juicy. Something juicy as in creative, unique, and giving someone or fans what they like. Especially the lyrics are great, I guess you can say that's what every women wants to hear from a guy. A women wants to be sure that they're everything to this man they're with, that they're the one thing men are willing to do whatever just for them. In this song I can feel his desperation of love Romeo has for this women. The mood it creates is a loving, happy mood. This mood is created because the love that's written and spoken can be felt within you, and happy because the beat is upbeat and whenever a song is upbeat is always a time to be joyful, especially if it talks about being someones everything. This song is a type of love deal. The overall effect of the lyrics and music is how Romeo is really loving this girl and is willing to do anything for her because she's everything to him.
       What I really like most of this song is the beat that's being used. Meaning the overall musical instruments all blend. I also like the video how it takes parts in the outside and how the dances from the girls are very amazing. Hopefully one day I can learn those type of slow abstract dances. The most thing I really liked about this song is the lyrics and of course Romeo. He's one cute thing out there. (wink) I like the lyrics because I guess I know I personally would love for a man to sing something like that too me. Especially if they're telling me that I'm they're everything and they're willing to do anything for me. That's pretty sweet in my opinion. There's just one thing I dislike about this and it's in the beginning it's kind of pretty slow in my opinion but to most people think it would be fine. For the most part its one of my favorite songs.

Here's a live video of Romeo performing Mi Santa in Chicago.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment